Sunday, November 15, 2009

Goodbye, Titan

Saturday, November 14, 2009 Jeremy drove Titan, our 8 year old dog, to Cincinnati to be transported into Indiana by the Louisville Weimaraner Rescue. It was the hardest thing we've ever done. Since Kirk came into our lives, Titan had become destructive in our home and was adding a lot of stress to our lives. We just don't have the time or attention that he deserves anymore. We worried about Kirk's safety and sadly decided that the best thing for all of us was to find Titan another good home.
We had Titan since he was 6 weeks old. Jeremy and I were dating when he brought Titan home. Titan is the first pet I ever had. Jeremy gave Titan my engagement ring to bring to me when he proposed. I remember sleeping with him the night before I got married and scratching his belly the morning I went into labor. He has followed me around for 8 years, snuggled with me when I was sad or sick, and licked my tears when I cried. It was so hard to do, but I know he is in a good place that will give him the time, attention, and love he deserves. We will be sad for a while, but we have to remember how much joy our new precious boy will bring us. Titan will always be remembered and loved. He left an 80 lb. hole in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment