Saturday, February 27, 2010

Kirk is six months old!

     Kirk is six months old!  Where has the time gone?  It is hard to believe that just a little while ago, I was propping him up in this chair for these pictures each month and now he's about to wiggle out of it!  He has started doing so much lately:  rolling over front to back and back to front, pulling up on his hands and knees, grabbing his feet and sucking on his toes (I love this one!), babbling (dadadada...gagaga...it's precious!), eating just about everything (we haven't made it through all the first food fruits yet, but he seems to like everything!), and holding himself upright in his crib, reaching for toys and passing them from hand to hand, reaches out to be picked up,  he can sit up with just a teensy bit of help, and he can pull his socks off.  He sleeps through the night MOST of the time, but he wakes up super early to eat (5-6:00 a.m.!!).  Jeremy and I hope he's going through a growth spurt or we're in big trouble!  He eats all his baby food, cereal, loves his bottles, and has become much more fond of nursing from me. 
     He enjoys going to Mandy's through the week and most days he sticks to a nice little schedule.  He loves playing with the kids there.  Kirk is like a circus attraction, because the kiddos just have to look at him and he starts laughing and smiling!  Cousin Bella keeps him company at Mandy's too.  He and Bella stare and grab at each other.  He forgives her for puking on his socks this week, she was a sick little girl.  (hahaha)  He is still a jumping fool and jumps pretty much all the time (in and out of his jumper!). 
     What an amazing little boy he is.  I never imagined I could love something so much.  I am sad to leave him each morning and so excited to pick him up in the afternoons and hear about his day.  I love cuddling him in my arms each night.  His smile melts my heart instantly.  I live for our weekends together and right about now, I'd like for time to stand still....just for a little bit.  My precious little boy is half a year old, and his Mommy and Daddy love him...to the moon and back!

No comments:

Post a Comment