Sunday, February 19, 2012

A busy week....


I had to include a picture of some of the Valentine's Day things I made for my school kiddos.  I made a background with a banner and took their picture in front of it holding a large white tube, and when I printed the pictures, I put a sucker at the end of the tube.  It looks like the kids are holding a HUGE SUCKER!  They turned out so cute, and the parents loved them.  I also put their pictures (the each held a sign that said "I love you")  on a heart shaped doily, laminated it, and put a magnet on the back.  They turned out adorable!  I love out doing myself each holiday with crafty ideas!


I also had to post a picture of the very BEST Valentine box that any of my kiddos has ever brought in to class.  Each year, I send home a note explaining to families that the kids are supposed to help make a box for their Valentine cards from their friends.  It can be anything they want, and I encourage them to be creative.  My little 3 year old Connar lives on a farm and is a good ol' country boy....so why wouldn't he bring in a barn to put his Valentine cards in?  It was great, and the barn doors opened so his friends could get his cards inside.  It was so cute, and so creative!  Way to go Connar and his family!  I loved it! *Notice Connar's blue stained face......we had cupcakes with blue icing.....note to self, NEVER get cupcakes with blue icing!  Ha!


Jeremy and I went to the MU Quarterback Club of Charleston's Valentine's Day Dance on Saturday, February 18.  We had a great time hanging out with our friends and showing our support to Herd football.  The picture above is a super cool MU logo that was reflected in the lobby of the Marriott.  I took the picture from the balcony above.


How cool is this football helmet ice sculpture?  We loved it!


Jeremy is wearing his new MU cuff links that I got him for Valentine's Day, but of course you can't see them!  I had to go get him a french cuff shirt to go with them as well!  Ha!


We had a great time at the dance!  Jeremy watched some of the new recruiting video and we got to hear the coaches speak about our upcoming season.  I'm excited to welcome a Lawrence County Bulldog to the Herd team this fall, and I'm hoping for some HERD wins!  We got to see a lot of our friends (that we typically don't see between tailgating season!) and we were glad to get out and support MU.  It doesn't take much to get Jeremy all excited about football season....he's already talking about the spring game!  We're gearing up for another busy week with two MU home basketball games.  We're hoping we can pick it up and win the rest of the season!
Happy Valentine's Day and GO HERD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment