Sunday, December 9, 2012

We wish you a Merry Christmas..


Kirk, Bella, Auntie Erin and I spent last weekend in Lexington, KY visiting the Kentucky Horse Park and enjoying the Southern Lights.  We were glad to spend another year there and Kirk and Bella loved the petting zoo.  They fed the animals lots of carrots, and they jumped right up on the ponies for a ride.  We were all in the Christmas spirit and we enjoyed the Mickey's Music Festival show last Sunday at Rupp Arena.  The kids loved the show, and we had a great time.  We came home with some Christmas AND Disney magic in our hearts!



Kirk was impressed that our elf, Bruce Wayne, followed us to our hotel in Lexington.  Bruce Wayne (who Kirk did not hesitate to name) has found some sneaky hiding places and left Kirk some great notes around our house.  Kirk is excited to see what he has been up to each morning!


We went to Ean's birthday party yesterday at the Gym Nest.  Kirk loved climbing and jumping on everything.  Kirk has great coordination and strength and he can hold himself up on bars and on the zip line (sideways video below).  I am amazed at his strength sometimes, and even though he is little, he sure is mighty!



We watched the HERD pull off another win last night!  I think Kirk might understand as much about basketball as I do now (maybe more?).  He asked me when one of the players was taking a foul shot, "Is he getting a foul shot, Mama?"  He will be explaining it to me before long, I'm sure.

We have a busy week ahead.  Kirk's Christmas program at day care is this Thursday, as well as a special night at Chick-fil-a with the wonderful ladies from the Barboursville Library.  We are going to make gingerbread houses with them, and I am so excited!  Kirk has been a little bit more interested in the arts lately (maybe from my constant brow beating and craft making....?)  so I hope he will like making a gingerbread house with his Mama.  We have another basketball game next Saturday in Charleston (vs. Cincinnati) and we are going to visit my parents on Sunday.  Whew!  Happy Holidays!

Check out these super cute "girl" reindeer antlers!  When Kirk's teacher at day care told me that one of their songs for the program was "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" I immediately asked if she would like antlers for the kiddos to wear.  I got to work shopping for the antlers, and of course the girls couldn't go without some cute little candy cane stripped bows on theirs!  Of course the bows are attached to clips, so they can remove them afterwards and wear them as cute little holiday bows.  The boys got taller brown antlers, and I'm sure all they will care about is ramming them into each other.  It's a good thing I don't have a girl, right?  How many Mamas of little boys spend hours making hair bows? Ha!  I can't wait to see them on all the kiddos, they are going to look so CUTE! I'm sure it will be worth all my hard work and hot glue gun burns! 


No comments:

Post a Comment