Friday, February 15, 2013

my funny Valentine



Jeremy knew I'd been drooling over the Origami Owl lockets for a while.  When my friend Cortney (who makes Kirk's super cute shirts, costumes, etc.) started selling it, I had mentioned buying one from her.  The locket and charms came on Wednesday, and Jeremy did a great job.  They say, "every locket has a story," so here's my story:  The coins say "blessed" and "mama" because I am blessed to be the mama to a great little boy.  The stones are birthstones for Kirk (peridot) and Jeremy (and me....sapphire).  A letter K and W for my initials and Kirk's, and a sparkly heart to "help it look more two toned" (as Jeremy said....or he could have said, "because I love you," but that would be way too emotional for him...haha!).  I love it and I'm so thankful for both of my special Valentine boys!



I took on the RIDICULOUS project of making 18 photo pendants for my kiddos' mamas for our Mother's Day Valentines dance at school.  First off, I couldn't find the glass tiles anywhere local, so I ended up ordering them (not cheap!).  Then, I couldn't find the right glue and I ended up using something that someone at school had.  I had to take the pictures, crop and size them, print them, cut them (and cut them, and cut them), glue them, let them dry, and attach the bail.  It was a process.  I glued 2 of them to our dining room table with the super glue I was using to attach the bail.  I almost had a heart attack, but Jeremy got them off.  I quit using the super glue after that.  It took most of my weekend and one evening this week to get them all done.  It was all worth it when I got the reactions from the mamas yesterday, though.  They thanked me, hugged me, and one mama even teared up.  That's why I do what I do. I want those mamas to know that their kiddo means a lot to me and I'm thankful that they trust me to teach them and care for them.  I think everyone had a great Valentine's Day in our class yesterday!


We got Kirk's teachers a dozen Paula Vega cupcakes for Valentine's Day, so of course we had to get a few extra to take home.  Kirk was so excited to eat his chocolate cupcake yesterday! I made him pose with it before he took a huge bite of icing!

I kept telling Kirk that he was my "very best Valentine" yesterday, and we've been playing a game (inspired by the book "Guess How Much I Love You") by saying "I love you as big as ___" and naming things that are huge (I say "mountains" "elephants" etc.) Kirk said yesterday, "Mama, I love you as big as the very biggest VOLCANO!" I love it.  And I love him.  Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment