Thursday, April 15, 2010

Kirk is eight months old!


It sure is hard to believe that eight months have gone by.  Kirk is getting so big and time is flying by.  He is crawling all over the place, and getting very fast.  He pulls up on everything, and crawling under tables seems to be his favorite thing right now.  He loves to play with toys and is able to push and pull them so they will  make noise or light up.  He babbles a lot, mostly "da-da-da-da"  but I've heard "ma-ma-ma" just once.  He throws in a lot of other sounds too, and he thinks blowing raspberries is hilarious!  He is a great eater, and seems to like all of the baby food we've given him.  He's getting much better at sleeping longer at night and taking naps.  He still loves to play with all the kiddos at the babysitter's and he breaks his neck to watch people when we're out.  He smiles from ear to ear when strangers say, "Oh, what a cute baby!"  I swear, I think he understands them and cheeses even bigger.  He is a tough little guy, and has already had a few falls and bumps.  It scares me to death, but I guess I need to toughen up too.  Being a mama of a wild little boy is rougher than I thought!  I can't believe in a few months I'll be typing about his first birthday.  I want my baby boy to stay little forever!
Kirk is ready for some spagetti at Rocco's!  Maybe in a few months...haha!  We had a good time, the waitresses kept saying how cute and smiley he was...of course he kept grinning even bigger!

Kirk fell asleep on our walk and I parked him in the backyard so I could get some yard work done.  Look how he propped his foot out, I thought it was so cute!

We're getting ready for a walk; it was a very sunny day!  We had to wear our shades....too bad Kirk didn't keep his on very long!

Kirk is enjoying some watermelon in his mesh net thing.  He seemed to really like it and liked banana even better.  He makes a little bit (well, maybe a lot) of a mess, but that's okay!

Kirk on his first Easter egg hunt at Granny Dean's.  He found this blue one himself!

Kirk with his first Easter basket.  He liked his octopus toy!

Our family on Easter Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment