Sunday, July 17, 2011

Big boy business


Kirk had his two year old pictures taken on Wednesday, July 13 at Heritage Station and Riverfront Park.  Kirk was not so cooperative, and  had his own ideas of what should have been going on, and smiling for pictures wasn't on the agenda!  Ugh!  I just hope Kristi was able to get a few shots, and that she wasn't too offended by Kirk's total refusal to do everything she asked!  We took some pictures in his MU football jersey.  In this picture, he is walking away, which he did a lot!  His jersey says "Walker  77" on the back (Daddy's football number).  Hopefully, we will take a lot more pictures wearing this jersey this fall!




We went to Lexington to visit the Gibson's on Thursday, July 14.  Kirk liked playing on the playground at the park near their home.  I couldn't get Kirk or Suzana to slow down enough to get a good picture, so I had to take this one when I caught Kirk off guard.  He is smiling, and the kids had a great time!  



All of Kirk's "cheesing" now involves closing his eyes.  This is a picture of him "cheesing" on the see saw.



"Baby Lee-lo" (as Kirk says) is growing so fast!  Look at those beautiful eyes!  He is such a good baby.  He watched all the craziness and just smiled away!





Kirk decided Suzana's baby bed was a good place to "take a nap."




I made some tub paint for Kirk to use last night.  He had a great time painting the tub blue.  He told me he was painting "lettas" (letters) and "mommy."  I didn't really see anything that looked like either, but that's okay.  He holds a paintbrush perfectly, and understands how to dip it to get paint on it and then spread it on the tub.  If you're interested in the recipe, it's super easy, and much cheaper than store bought tub paint.  Just mix about 2 tbsp. of cornstarch and 1/4 cup of dish liquid and the food coloring of your choice.  The color blue I used in the picture is from the neon food coloring collection which is usually right beside the regular food coloring sets in the store.  I got pure and natural dish liquid so it wouldn't irritate Kirk's skin.  I mixed it in a plastic container and gave Kirk a chubby paint brush, but kids could use their hands as well.  It worked great and washed off easy!  Kirk even helped me "clean up"....a little!  I think he is an amazing toddler artist!



Kirk's second birthday is coming up, and if you're reading this blog, you might care to "save the date" of his birthday party.  His party will be on Sunday, August 14th at 12:30 at Ritter Park in Huntington.  I will send invitations out soon.  Many people have asked me what Kirk would like for his birthday, so I thought I would put a quick list on here of some gift ideas!

Kirk loves:  Diego, dinosaurs, alligators, zoo animals, Blue's Clues (and drawing "clues" in little notebooks), painting, drawing, stickers, play dough, Sesame Street, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, music and musical instruments (he'd love a piano or guitar), Lego Duplo sets (he has the zoo and the tractor set, and we bought him a basic set for his birthday.), sports balls of any kind, puzzles, books, Yo Gabba Gabba!,  and race cars (and any other vehicle).  He wears size 24 month clothes (or 2T), and size 6 shoes.  He is also starting to pretend a lot more, and I think he would love any dress up clothes, hats, or shoes.  I'm sure he will love all of his "pren-sents" and he will be so excited when everyone says "Happy birthday to Kirk!"  He loves birthdays (especially cake!)!  It's amazing that he will be 2 years old in less than a month!  

No comments:

Post a Comment