Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Tailgating Toddler


Kirk enjoyed his first MU tailgate and game of the season!  Daddy and Neuhaus tried to keep up with him and keep him interested in throwing and catching a football.  Kirk was interested for about 2 minutes....


Kirk kept Neuhaus entertained.  He enjoyed tailgate food, and no, that is not his beer.  Haha!


Kirk and Neuhaus played Kirk's version of corn hole, which involved tossing all of the bean bags directly into one hole.  Kirk jumped up and down after he threw them all in, and said, "I did it!  I did it!"


He threw them in and said "Red bean bag in the hole!  Blue bean bag in the hole!"  He then threw his football, toy dinosaurs, race cars, and Blue (Blue's Clues) into the hole as well.


He really like Shawn's helmet!  


He tried holding hands with Cam Kellar.  He followed him for about a minute before giving up!


Kirk wanted all the footballs....at once!


Kirk and Mama had matching kelly green shirts!  Go HERD!


Kirk loved cheering on the HERD!  He got so excited when everyone else did, and alerted us each time the "marching band" played.  He danced and clapped, and even took a little nap during the second quarter.  He definitely loves football, and even though he says he loves Marco, he doesn't want him to "bother him."  He had a great time playing with the kids at the tailgate and cheering at the game.  We are raising a HERD fan for sure!

Kirk has definitely been in his element this week at day care.  They are learning about dinosaurs this week, and Kirk is amazing everyone with his dinosaur knowledge.  He is really interested in dinosaurs, and he has been for a while, and Jeremy and I have learned a lot with him.  His teacher said that today he built a structure out of wooden blocks, all by himself, and called it a "dino house" and put the plastic dinosaurs inside!  I am so proud of his imaginative play, he is several stages beyond many of my preschoolers!  All of the parents that I see and talk to when I pick Kirk up tell me how much their child adores Kirk and how smart and vocal Kirk is.  His teacher said to him yesterday, "Kirk, tell Mommy what I think you are..." and Kirk said, " A stud muffin."  Haha!  Kirk is having a blast in music class at MU as well.  He loves Miss Joni and her instruments, and he told me when we were coming home tonight, "Mama, I like to rub the tone block."  Haha!  I had to laugh out loud.!  He is such a funny little guy, and we are so proud of how smart he is!

We are headed to the Columbus Zoo and the OU v. MU game this weekend!  
I'll post pictures and commentary soon!
Enjoy the cooler weather this weekend!  Fall is on its way.....my favorite time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment