Thursday, September 8, 2011

Birthdays, christening, and a new goldfish....the life and times of a 2 year old!


We went to Riley's birthday party on Saturday, September 3 at Pump Up the Fun.  Kirk LOVED the little roller coaster.  He rode it at least 20 times!


Happy birthday to Riley!


We went to Jax's christening on Sunday, September 4, in Pineville, WV.  Kirk was happy to see Adam, Kate, and Jax AND get his birthday present, a new "al-gi-gator!"


We are so glad we got to share the day with Adam, Kate, Jax, and their families.  We wish we could see them more often!


Kirk immediately wanted to "hold him."  He was very gentle and sweet and even kissed him on the head.  He held on tightly to me and kept saying "My mommy."  In the picture he is holding my face, and saying "See baby Jax, Kirk's mommy?"  I think he was subtly trying to tell Jax he was only visiting in my lap!


Kirk decided on a Walmart trip on Tuesday that he had to "take a goldfish home."  We look at the fish each time we go to Walmart, but he's never insisted on taking a fish home before.  He told me and every shopper in a 50 foot radius that he was going to "Catch a goldfish and take it home."  He bugged the poor lady working at the fish tank to death, and he told us that the goldfish was going to "Eat shaky food (fish food in a container) and drink water."  I have no idea where he comes up with this stuff.  I caved.  He rode home with the fish in the bag in his lap, and he carried it around until Jeremy got the tank together.  I'm amazed it lived to even get in the tank!  He reported on him for at least a half hour, saying "Mama, the goldfish is swimming!  ........He's STILL swimming!"  and he kept saying, "Oh, he's so cute!"  He is posing with him in this picture.  He said, "I will cheese (smile) with my goldfish!"


He said, "Look Mama, THERE HE IS!"


We celebrated Jeremy's birthday at Chili Willis on Thursday, September 8.  Kirk loved the ice cream taco, and he ate all the cherries on top.  He wanted to eat from his spoon and Gramma's!


This is Kirk's "Happy birthday to Daddy" face.  I think he was trying to smile with a mouth full of ice cream!


Kirk struggled to get out of the picture, but I got one anyway!


We played at Riverfront Park for a few minutes after dinner.  Kirk climbed, went up and down slides, scared a few innocent ducks, and "raced" Jeremy in the grass.  He managed to get his clothes filthy and scraped up his elbow pretty good.  The lovely life of boys, huh?

Happy birthday to a great daddy and husband!  I think the best gift Jeremy could get is a HERD win on Saturday.  The Walkers are ready to go out and support the HERD!  Go green!  Go white!

No comments:

Post a Comment