Thursday, January 5, 2012

New year, new bed, new moves...


Jeremy and I finally admitted that it was time to deal with converting Kirk's crib into a toddler bed.  It was a sad day for me, because it means my little baby is growing up so fast!  Jeremy changed the front out on New Year's Eve, so Kirk slept his first night of 2012 in his new "big boy" bed.  He loved it, and kept saying "I love this hole!"  (meaning the opening to get in and out).  He wants to get in bed all by himself, and of course, all of his "friends" (his stuffed Woody, Buzz, Bullseye, Blue, and Rex...I know, it's ridiculous that he sleeps with so many toys....pick your battles, right? )   like his new bed, too.  Kirk's always been a pretty good sleeper in his own bed, and he's slept every night since without any problems.  He even has a big boy pillow, and lets us use a quilt to cover him up instead of his blue baby blanket.  It's been a year of big changes....new bed, no pacifier, new classroom at day care....he is growing up, and I don't think I like it too much!


Kirk is singing "Just Like a Rock Star" by the Fresh Beat Band.  They are on Nick Jr., and one of his favorite shows.  He has been singing this song for a while now, and it seems that he puts more and more into his "performance" each time.  I had to catch a few minutes on video so everyone could see how crazy he is, and how passionately he sings, "Just like a rock star....hey, hey, hey!"  

No comments:

Post a Comment