Monday, September 17, 2012

Birchbox, bummers and birthdays


My September Birchbox came!  I love the Kate Spade "Twirl" perfume sample and the awesome bright cobalt blue nail polish (which I am rocking RIGHT now!) and I am excited to try the "fashion tape" samples as well.  The tape is kind of like a very thin double stick tape that apparently the fashion industry uses to secure clothing so it doesn't gap or pull.  Genius!  I may be ordering that superb invention!  I also got a soy body cream sample (it's quite large!), another hair tie (for someone else) and a tinted moisturizer, which is great for days I don't want to put on make up.  I love all my samples, and my perfume sample collection is growing so much that I may never have to buy a whole bottle of anything again!



We went to the Chilifest on Saturday, and Kirk wanted his face painted like a "kitty."  I think he pretty much ended up looking like he has a spider on his nose (I would have painted it much differently....I know, control issues).  I guess that's what you get when high school kids paint for free!  He liked it though, and he had a good time.  No chili for him, but Jeremy and I ate plenty!  


Kirk played some pretty tough football at our tailgate Saturday afternoon.  He is so funny playing with those boys, and of course his favorite thing to do is "TACKLE!"  He had a great time and no matter what happens, he still cheers on the HERD!



This was one of Kirk's last smiles I enjoyed before the HERD blew their lead over OU.  I was really bummed to watch them lose.  I know we need to hold our heads high, but it sure stinks to lose!!!  On the bright side, Kirk learned to say, "BOO BOBCATS!"  Ha!


Princess Bella had her birthday party yesterday at Pump Up the Fun.  We had a good time, and Kirk climbed and jumped his guts out, of course. Every birthday party we attend inspires Kirk to talk about "his next 4 year old birthday party..."  he has big plans, and they change everyday.  How wonderful it must be to plan your next party everyday!  



Look at these super cute cupcakes!  I love them and they were delicious!  I ate one and it made me sad that I decided to make the cupcakes for Kirk's party myself (to save some $$).  I miss Pat Bias's cupcakes so much.  The Italian creme was amazing!  Look at those little edible crowns...I love them!  I need to remember how yummy they are next year and fit them in the party budget!

Happy birthday, Bella!



Happy birthday to ME this Friday!  I don't care how old I am getting (I'll be 34!) I still love my birthday.  It has always been my favorite day of the year, and even though I don't celebrate much anymore or get big presents, I still love it.  I think growing up as the oldest of three girls, my birthday just seemed to be a special day for only me.  I remember my roller skating party when I was seven, and I remember my first sleepover with two of my friends when I was ten.  My mom bought us Lee press on nails and we spent hours trying to get them to stick.  She always let us choose what our birthday dinner was, and since we didn't have many restaurants, that meant she cooked something. I always chose pinto beans and cornbread (yummy!).  Times have changed, and although I still love pinto beans and cornbread,  I think this year I'll choose Rocco's.  HA!  Birthdays are great, and I think even though the parties die down as you get older, they are even more special because we have so much more to be thankful for.  This will be the 12th birthday I've celebrated with Jeremy by my side. I am a lucky girl.  I am happy to grow another year older with my family and I welcome all the birthdays to come.  Happy birthday to me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment