Sunday, May 12, 2013

mama's boy


      How amazing is this picture of Kirk and I on my very first Mother's Day in 2010?  Look at that little baby face and wispy hair!  He was such an adorable baby.  He is growing into a handsome little boy as well (I'll post a picture of us later).  I never imagined that I could love him even more than the day he was born, but I know I do.  I love him more than I did yesterday...or even 5 minutes ago.  There's just something special about mamas and their sons.....he's a mama's boy, and I love it.  I know sometimes I am way too hard on him, or way too easy on him, but I know it's ok.  He's a smart, funny, and brave little boy.  I'm so proud to be his mama.  I hope I can always look over my messy house and piles of laundry and pick up a book or a toy and enjoy the moment with him.  I'm looking forward to our summer together and our school year next year. I'm sure we will make LOTS of memories together.  I hope I can be the mama he deserves, and that he will remember the little things like I do....triangle sandwiches, good night songs and rhymes, and holiday traditions.  He and his Daddy are the greatest love I've ever known.  I'm so happy to be a mama and celebrate Mother's Day with my boys.


How precious are these lovely Disney mamas?  I especially love little Dumbo and his mama, and the song "Baby of Mine" still makes me cry a little (I have a Disney CD that I played a lot when I would rock Kirk as a baby. The song reminds me of nursing and rocking my little warm bundle....tear!).  Disney families are the best, and this picture reminds me how excited I am to climb aboard the Disney Dream cruise ship in 37 days!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment