Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The magic of Disney....


Our Disney cruise vacation was by far the BEST vacation we've ever had.  It was amazing of course because I love Disney, because Jeremy knows I do, and because we got to share it all with our little boy.  Celebrating our 10 years of marriage aboard the Disney Dream was fantastic.  The food was delicious, everyone was so nice, and we felt like royalty.  The staff members knew our names, remembered what we liked, and we never had to ask for anything.  We are already talking about going back!


I tried to pick some of my other pictures (out of the 237 that I took) that I hadn't already uploaded to Facebook to post here.  This was my favorite "towel character" that our stateroom attendant Danny made for us.  How cute is that little guy? He's wearing my sunglasses! Ha!


This picture was taken outside of the Enchanted Garden.  It was my pick for the best food.  This was also our last night on the ship, and neither Kirk or I wanted to ever get off! 


I think Captain Mickey might be my very favorite Mickey!


Kirk was a great eater on the cruise, and he really enjoyed all the desserts.  I think in four days he had three Mickey head ice creams!  He really liked that our waiter always put his ketchup on his plate in the shape of a Mickey head!


The Walkers had an amazing time, and we WILL be back!


The evening of our anniversary we ate at the Animator's Palate.  It was a great dinner with entertainment for the kiddos.  Crush the sea turtle (from Finding Nemo) swam around to all the different tv screens in the restaurant talking to kids and adults....REALLY talking to them...like "hey there little dude in the blue shirt!"  It was amazing!  Other characters from Nemo swam around as well, and the food was delicious.  The waiters sang "Happy Anniversary" to us and gave us Disney pins (I saved them, of course) and Jeremy gave me these two Pandora charms (blue Mickey head and the cruise ship).  I loved the charms, but the cruise was the best gift ever!


Before we left for our cruise, we visited my sweet Gramma Sullivan in Ocala, FL.  She is my only living grandparent, and she makes no bones about me being her very favorite granddaughter (she's told me that for years!).  She loves Kirk so much, and she enjoys seeing him.  She kept telling me that she thinks Jeremy and I are wonderful parents, and that we are doing such a good job raising Kirk. My Aunt Terry said we treat Kirk like a "prince!"  HA! I don't know about all that, but I know I am so thankful that Jeremy has always  made it possible for us to visit my Gramma, even though she is so far away.  I love her dearly and the time I spend with her is precious.  I'm so glad she adores Kirk as much as we do!



Since we've been back in WV (suffering from our Disney hangovers!) we have been spending some time at the pool, and I must say, Kirk is a pretty good little swimmer.  He definitely has my love for pool water (I'm not a big ocean, lake, etc. girl....but I'll spend my life at the pool!).  I thought I'd post a quick little video of his mad swimming skills.  He was pretty proud when I was videoing him!

On a super sad note....I only have about 2 weeks of summer left...BOO HOO!  I cannot believe it is almost over and time to start another school year!  I do get to start this one with Kirk Walker in my class, so I am a little excited to see our school year start to see how this is going to go.  Kirk is excited about his new school, new backpack and lunchbox, and new friends.  I think he is an amazing kid, and I can't wait to see what this school year brings.  His brain is a little sponge, so I hope he will take off this year academically.  I worry so much about his late birthday, and how much younger he is than other kids in his class.  I know I push too hard sometimes, and I expect him to do too much.  I hope he straightens up his handwriting and starts to read.  I hope he starts drawing better pictures, and learns to count past 29.  I have lots of hopes for him, but most of all I want him to be happy and love school.  If I can get him to school everyday excited to learn, I've done my job....as a mama and a teacher!  

No comments:

Post a Comment