Friday, November 29, 2013

What goes around comes back around.....


       I waited for 7 months to see Justin Timberlake in concert.  I was SO EXCITED.  I had already seen him in concert twice before, but it had been 6 years since he had a concert tour.  I went with my sisters and my friend Angel.  We all love Justin dearly, and we were super excited to be in the same room with him for the 4 hour concert.  I was having an amazing time until I realized at intermission that my (month old) new iphone 5S was gone.  GONE.  Completely gone.  I ran back in the bathroom after I made the discovery looking for it everywhere.  Nothing.  I went to lost and found.  Nothing.  About 10 minutes after intermission, I gave up and called Jeremy and declared it gone. I knew it was stolen, not lost.  Someone had stolen it from me, either out of my purse, or off the floor when I dropped it (trying to put it in my purse....but I cannot imagine I didn't hear it fall....).  
       
        Jeremy was fine, and handled it without getting mad or yelling (although I know he wanted to).  He told me to get back to the concert and not worry about it.  But I did.  I still had a great time, but it definitely dampened my mood.  There's just something about having things STOLEN from you (if you haven't ever experienced it, thank God.  Now.).  It gives you this sick pit in the bottom of your stomach.  It makes you mad and sad at the same time.  It makes you feel violated and stupid.  It's not like I haven't had things stolen from me before, much more expensive things, but I had forgotten how disgusting it makes you feel.          

       Although I was falling in love with Justin (over and over again) at the beginning of every song, I felt that sick pit reminding me of the terrible, dishonest, disgusting world that my son is growing up in.  It grounded me.  And after 4 days without a phone, I was so happy to get that replacement phone in my hand.  I will definitely hold on to this one tighter, and I thought about the dirty thief with my phone when JT sang "What goes around comes back around..."  because, I know it does.


This is a preview of our Christmas pictures with Betsy Lynn...how cute is Kirk? 


Cutest HERD fan ever



Happy Thanksgiving! Erin and I were proud of our Thanksgiving dinner that we made ourselves.  It was nice to have such a relaxing Thanksgiving.  We had a few successes and a few flops, but everything turned out just fine.  

I talked Jill into doing the Turkey Trot with me, and although it was 19 degrees, we shaved 7 minutes off our time!  I'm so glad to have a great friend to "power walk" with!

I'm thankful for these friends that I've had for 17 years....WOW.  Is that possible?  17 years?!?  We are getting old....but we still look good!  HA!  We all came out to Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning!

I hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving!  Hopefully, we can get our Christmas decorations out this weekend.  We are excited about the HERD win, and we are hoping for a home championship game next weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment