Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Goodbye, 2013!

 
2013 was a great year.  My baby boy turned 4, which is so hard to believe.  We are half way through our school year together, which is going surprisingly well.  He has learned to read a little, write a lot, and is by far the smartest kiddo in my class.  I am proud to be his Mama and his teacher.  Jeremy and I celebrated 10 years of marriage, we went on an amazing Disney cruise, and I ended the year 30 lbs. lighter than I started it.  It was a great year.

 
Kirk had a great Christmas!  He was so excited about everything this year, and nothing makes me smile more than how much he believes in magic.

 
Merry Christmas from the Walkers!  We got an impressive number of Christmas cards this year.  I'm glad because I fear that social media somehow is taking the place of "snail mail" and proper invitations to events and Christmas cards.  I love getting personal mail, and Kirk does too. 

 
Do you feel the holiday cheer that Special Agent Walker is spreading with his spy goggles?  He loves them, and this picture makes me crack up!  He is so much fun, and I look forward to what 2014 will bring to our family.
 
 
      Our resolutions for 2014??  I will keep working on my health and my weight.  I have come to realize that your weight literally affects EVERYTHING in your life.  I feel better, have more energy, and more confidence than I have in a long time.  My health is better, and hopefully continued weight loss will help manage my blood pressure issues.  My thyroid and cholesterol numbers are the best they have ever been. If you are reading this and considering a lifestyle change for better health- Weight Watchers WORKS.  It really does.  I recommend it for anyone.  I am committed to being the best I can be for my husband and my son.
      Kirk and I will keep working on his academic skills, and becoming more independent.  It will be hard for us to be apart next school year after we have spent so much time together. I have heart palpitations when I think about sending my baby boy to kindergarten.  Whew.  It will be rough.  I just have to make sure he is as competent as he can be and pray for God to send us the best teacher for him.  I know Jeremy will keep working to help his business grow and prosper.  He will  help Kirk develop his athletic skills (haha!) and hopefully he can begin to teach Kirk to golf (since I got Jeremy a 3 year golf membership for Christmas!).  We are looking forward to a week long Disney trip in October 2014.  Kirk and I are sure to have a fun summer filled with swimming and sunshine (and swim lessons for Kirk).  I will cherish the rest of the school year with him and I will continue to be thankful for all that we have.  Welcome, 2014! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment