Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!



     What an amazing thing it is to be a mother.  As I celebrate my first mother's day with my sweet baby boy, I look back on how my life has lead me to this wonderful place.  I remember the joy I felt during my college years, hanging out with friends and having the "time of my life."  I think about how proud I was to graduate from college and graduate school.  I remember meeting Jeremy and feeling the butterflies in my tummy each time he held my hand.  I remember standing at the altar on my wedding day, thinking that it would be the best day of my life.  I remember my first group of students and how I loved becoming a teacher.  All of those moments are still important to me, but they fade in the shadow of my precious baby boy.  Each day is so much brighter, each laugh feels so much better, and my smiles are so much bigger.  I watch him explore the world with no judgement, no fear, and full of love. 
     I never imagined that I could feel this much love and look to the future with so much hope and anticipation.  I feel like my heart is outside of my body.  He takes it with him wherever he goes, and I don't want that to be too far away from me.  I want to make the world a better place so that he can enjoy his life and be successful.  I want him to feel supported and challenged each day.  I want him to know that his mama loves him more than she ever thought possible.  Jeremy and I are so incredibly blessed to have him in our lives.  I want to enjoy each day...laughs, tears, bumps, bruises, hugs, kisses, and most of all, love.  Thank you, Walker boys, for making me a mother.  Life is so much sweeter.
Kirk during our Mother's Day lunch at Chili Willis
"You are so precious to me, sweet as can be, baby of mine".....Baby of Mine, Dumbo
(my favorite Disney tune)

No comments:

Post a Comment