Sunday, August 15, 2010

Our baby boy is ONE!


This picture was taken when Kirk was one day old.  I can still feel his little tiny warm body in my arms.  When we were in the hospital, he would lay on my chest and sleep for hours.  He had such dark hair and perfect little lips.  He barely opened his eyes, but when he did, he looked right at me and I knew my world had changed.  I had no idea how much it would change. 
That little baby has grown into my big one year old boy.  He is funny, smart, strong, and fearless.  He looks at Jeremy and I with such love and when he stretches open his arms for me, my heart swells bigger than I ever imagined.  I never knew how strong love could be.  Holding onto him is like a part of my own body.  In the last year of my life, I have really started to live.  I love my little boy more than anything in the world and I can't wait to see what the years ahead bring to us.  He is an amazing blessing, and I thank God for him several times each day.  The laughs, tears, sickness, sleepless nights, celebrations, and love that we have all shared is priceless.  Happy birthday, Kirk Daniel Walker!  Mommy and Daddy love you!
Kirk had a small birthday party at home on August 7.  This is a picture of his cake.  It turned out great!


This is Kirk's smash cake.  Just wait to see what happens to it.....



Kirk got his own car from Gramma Debi!  He loved it!



Kirk had some help opening gifts from his friend Riley.  He loved the musical instrument set she gave him!  Thanks Riley!


                                               

Kirk loved his four wheeler from Auntie Megan!  Thanks Megan!  Kirk loves to ride around the living room...over top of Astro, into furniture.....he has a blast! 


                                         

I have no idea what he is doing here, but you can see his cute little birthday outfit well, so I thought I'd include this one.


                                          

This picture was taken right before the cake....we had no idea what was to come.....


                                  
Can you believe this?  He shoved the whole cake in his mouth at once!  He had such a tight grip on it, he held it there forever and just filled his mouth full!


and he kept eating.....


and eating.....



until we finally called it quits for him! 

He was a mess, but I think you can tell he enjoyed himself.  I was certain that he'd make himself sick with all that cake, but he slept great that night and was his usual happy self in the morning.  We laugh everytime we look at the pictures of him eating that cake!  I can't wait to send some pictures to Pat (cake lady)--I think she should use them in her ads!
 
Happy birthday sweet baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment