Sunday, January 6, 2013

2013

     2013 came in kind of crazy! Jeremy and I were able to go out to dinner on New Year's Eve and spend time with some good friends (thanks to Meme and Poppy for keeping Kirk!).  Kirk came down with some weird virus a day later and ran a fever for almost 2 days.  I had to miss my first day back at school to stay home with him, but he is back to his crazy self now.  Kirk started Itty Bitty Basketball, which is hilarious and heartbreaking to watch.  I am NOT ready for him to do such grown up boy things like play sports, but it is amazing to see how much he loves it.  Jeremy loves teaching him about sports (even when it drives him nuts).      Kirk is the smallest kid on his team, but I do think he has the biggest heart.

Kirk and his buddy/teammate Riley


Kirk was so proud of his first attempt at making a shot (no where near the basket). He fist pumped the air and said "YES!"  like a true athlete!


Kirk loves his team's Marshall green shirts.  Coach Archer requested them after Kirk told him that they just HAD to be the green team!  Thanks, Coach!



I can hardly contain my excitement....our Disney cruise is BOOKED FOR JUNE!  The Walkers will board the Disney Dream on June 20, bound for Nassau and Castaway Cay.  I am still amazed that Jeremy has agreed to this as our 10th anniversary vacation, but I am so thrilled!  We will also spend June 19th in the Magic Kingdom, and I can't wait to go back there, too (for my 7th time!).  Anyone who knows me knows that I love nothing more than Disney magic, and I guess Jeremy has just decided to embrace it.  HA!  I know Kirk's second trip to the Magic Kingdom will be even more magical, and I know he will love the cruise ship (the ship has a play room for kids that looks JUST LIKE Andy's room from Toy Story....Kirk flips out over the pictures! HA!)  Kirk is so excited for Disney World and "the beach" all in the same trip.  We can hardly wait till June!


No comments:

Post a Comment