Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Super Star


We had a busy weekend.  Kirk had 2 basketball games on Saturday and lots of friends and family came out to watch him play.  He is still so happy to get out there and do his best, and no matter what the score board says, he still thinks playing is fun!  Kirk worked all week to be on his best behavior so we could go to "Super Hero Day" at the KYOVA mall on Saturday afternoon.  Kirk was a little freaked out by the life sized heroes, and he got very clingy when we got close.  Batman has a wonderful message to kids and families to always do their best, be kind to people, and to stay away from drugs.  I really do admire him for taking on a project like this in our area.  Batman (picture below) was SO NICE to Kirk, even when his head was slammed in my shoulder and he was whimpering.  He told Kirk that even super heroes were scared sometimes, and he talked to Kirk about calling him whenever he needed him (he had business cards that he gave out).  Later, I asked Kirk to tell Batman goodbye, and Batman came over and hugged Kirk, covering him up with his cape.  Kirk stood there with a goofy grin on his face (no pictures....Jeremy wandered off!).  I am so proud of my little Batman, and he has reminded me several times about Batman's message to "always do the right thing!"  Kirk said that Batman is now keeping OUR CITY safe! Ha!


Kirk decided that he now wants the "black plastic costume" that includes a black plastic mask, and an all black costume with muscles.  I told him to keep up his good behavior and we would talk about it later.  I talked to him about a chore/behavior chart to earn the costume.  Of course, he is more than ready to "help" around the house. He loves to help me cook.  I handed him the bag of bread sticks for last night's dinner and he laid all of them out perfectly on the baking sheet for the oven.  I think I'm making some lucky lady a wonderful husband someday!!!!


Kirk was super giddy during mass on Sunday when we figured out we were sitting 2 pews behind Coach Herrion (MU basketball coach).  Kirk couldn't wait to say hello to him when we went up for communion!  After mass Tim Irr (WSAZ anchor) and his wife leaned over the pew behind us to ask me how old Kirk was and to tell me that he was so cute and so well behaved.  They said they had both commented more than once to each other during mass how good he was.  I told them we had been working on it for a LONG time.    I am so proud of him and it is amazing when strangers notice him and tell me positive things.  It seems that something always happens that picks me up a little when I am not feeling like the best mama/wife/friend/sister/daughter/teacher....I am thankful that I can hear and feel a little goodness and keep my head up.  He really is a great little guy.  I was even more proud when he saw Coach Herrion pull out of the parking lot, and he waved furiously and screamed, "Bye Coach! GO HERD!"  It's good to know we're raising a faithful Herd fan as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment