Sunday, January 13, 2013

It's not how big you are, it's how big you play.


Kirk played another basketball game with a big smile and a super sporty sweatband.  He runs back and forth on the court, plays his version of "defense," and attempts a couple of shots that get no where near the basket.  I can already tell the difference in him.  He seems to understand the game a little more.  He is a little more focused.  He thinks he is a really big deal, and he is.  I love this little basketball player so much, and even if he is the smallest player on his team and his shots fly about two feet below the basket.  His smile melts my heart, and his cheers and claps during the game make me smile so big.  


We applied for passports this week. Kirk's picture was super cute.
 We are getting ready for our amazing Disney cruise! 
 Zippity-do-dah,-zippity-ay!

Jeremy got me a Google Nexus 7 tablet this week.  He caved under my after-Christmas regret that I didn't ask for a Kindle for Christmas.  I read three books over my Christmas break, and I am now working on my fourth in less than a month (reading list to follow).  I love to read; I hate to wait for books.  I DO love the feel of a book in my hand, turning pages, the smell, and the awesomeness of flipping that final page.  HOWEVER....I have finally decided it is time to embrace technology...and reduce clutter.  How amazing will it be to never have to find a place on my shelf for another book?  Amazing.  How amazing will it be to finish a book, decide quickly that I must read another, and download it NOW. Amazing. The tablet can download Nook or Kindle books, browse the internet (I can Pinterest on it as well!), and all of my cell phone apps are already there.   I am reading hopefully my last paperback book right now, and when I finish....on to digital pages.  Maybe I can figure out how to turn that last page.....slowly.....?  

Kelly's Christmas reading list:  Bared to You, Reflected in You (if you like 50 Shades books, these are great!), Gone Girl (I was blown away by this one....it is great!  I'm reading Dark Places now, another book by the author, Gillian Flynn).  If you're not reading something...you should be.






No comments:

Post a Comment