Sunday, October 9, 2011

Fall fun


We went to the Pumpkin Festival in Milton on Friday, October 7.  Kirk was a very good boy and enjoyed his corn dog and he told us that kettle corn was his "favorite food."  Ha ha!  I love fall, and I especially like traveling to festivals and farms this time of year!


How many pictures can we get of Kirk sitting on a tractor?  Lots! 



Kirk didn't want to sit and pose for a cute fall picture, he wanted to try and pick up the pumpkin and "take it to my home."  


We went to Imel's Greenhouse on Saturday, October 8.  Kirk loved feeding the goats again this year, and he couldn't get enough of it!  He asked me to buy a goat before we left.  I told him Astro wouldn't like him!


They have an awesome playground at Imel's with several large wooden climbers and slides.  Kirk liked the monster truck!


Of course he liked the train, too


sliding with Daddy


Kirk and I ran in the hay maze.  Kirk kept saying, "It's hide and seek, Mama!"


running through the tunnel


The tunnel is just the right size for Kirk!


Kirk is looking for me, I was standing on the other side of the tunnel.  It's sad that my head doesn't stick out over a toddler size hay bale tunnel, isn't it??


Kirk petting "my friend the goat."


Kirk liked the chickens too.  He told us that they wanted him to pet them too.


Kirk and Daddy searching for our perfect pumpkin


Kirk liked the "dirty one" of course! 



He liked the bumpy looking gourds, too.  We had a great evening at Imel's.  I could spend all day there!  I love looking at all the pumpkins and mums.  We did pick a pumpkin (with some of my help) and we brought it home and we'll make a jack-o-lantern out of it soon.  Kirk was a little scared of some of the Halloween decorations, but he was definitely not scared of the animals.  We had a great fall weekend, and Kirk has been saying today that he wants to go to the "Pumpkin Farm Festival."  Ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment