Sunday, October 16, 2011

Herd Homecoming


We were so excited to see Shawna for MU homecoming this weekend!  Shawna, Kirk, and I went to the Alpha Xi Delta house on Saturday morning to meet up with all of our friends.  It was so awesome to look through the house and talk about our college days!  We showed Kirk all around the house, and he had a good time visiting with all the other kids.  This picture is of Kirk and Shawna in the "armpit" room that she lived in.  It is the smallest room on the second floor, and she shared it with Amy Shultz-Limbert.  We have such great memories from sorority, and it was wonderful to see all my girlies again!


Kirk liked checking out my old room, and I kept telling him that I used to sleep in that bed.  He kept asking me if I was tired, and told me to lay down in it!  The house and rooms have changed so much!  Everything looked so nice and decorated.  When I slept in that bed, it probably wasn't made up and the bedding didn't even match!  I never dreamed that my little boy would be roaming around in that room!  


All the AZD kiddos eating at the table....Kirk sat across from Riley and Carla (her doll)


Kirk enjoying his green cupcake


Little Xi legacy Bella eating her green cupcake


Kirk and Mama at the AZD house


We went down to the basement, which Kirk loved!  I took his picture by my signature on the basement floor. Look closely, and you can see "KIRK" on the floor by his feet.  All the senior Alpha Xi girls get to "graffiti" the basement walls and floors with their signature.  It almost makes my cry to look around that place, filled with so many awesome memories!


Shawna's "Shep '99" on the basement wall


Kirk climbing on some sort of Alpha Xi see saw...he thought it was great!


Amazing women, friends, and sisters in front of the sorority house....and some of our kiddos too!


Kirk, Shawna, and I in front of the fountain on campus


Kirk wearing J.D.'s buffalo hat at the tailgate


Kirk "tackling" J.D. while playing football at the tailgate


Kirk hiding from J.D. in the softball field sign...he thought he was hilarious!



We had a great weekend, and we are so thankful to have so many great friends.  It was so awesome to have Shawna here and to talk about our college days.  I am so grateful to have had so many great years at Marshall with so many awesome people who are still my best friends today.  It's amazing to think that I joined Alpha Xi Delta 15 years ago, and that I am still so close with the women I met there.  Marshall friends brought Jeremy and I together and made us the people we are today.  We are so glad we get to share our memories, friends, and love for Marshall with our little boy.  We were so happy to have  a HERD win and after each game, we can tell that Kirk's love for HERD sports grows a little bit more!  He is definitely a "Son of Marshall!"

No comments:

Post a Comment