Thursday, April 12, 2012

High Five For Friday!

This picture is one of my "high fives" for the week, for sure!  This is our sneak peek of Kirk's spring pictures, and we should receive the rest in the mail soon.  If the CD comes tomorrow, I will need to add it to my "high five" as well!

Here are my top five things for the week:

1.  Easter candy....especially peanut butter eggs!  Yum!  I am glad they are gone though, I'm sure I would have slipped into a sugar induced coma had I eaten any more!

2.  Sesame Street Live with Kirk on Wednesday night was a blast!  Kirk loved it, and he was really into the story of the show, and asked questions that made sense. I was really proud of how well he followed along.    He reached out for Bert and the Count (this is huge because of his character wierdness....)!  Kirk was very well behaved, and I notice it more when we are around lots of other kids his age!

3.  We let our butterflies go today at school.  It is a bittersweet moment for me each year, because I always do it at the end of the school year and I think about the butterflies flying away, just like my little kiddies are going to fly away soon!  It's such a sweet moment with them.  

4.  I got a very touching note from the mother of one of my students.  She told me how much she appreciated me and how thankful she was that I was her daughter's teacher.  I cried a little bit, so it's a good thing that I was reading it while my kiddos were having nap time and my classroom was dark!  It means so much to be appreciated, but even more that I made a difference.  Even though some days I complain, I really do love my job.  I feel guilty sometimes for leaving my own little boy who needs me, but I know in my heart those 20 preschoolers need me just as much.

5.  I finished my next to last assignment for my class at MSU!  I am two weeks away from putting another class under my belt (and another "A"....my post graduate G.P.A. has always been 4.0 !), and I think this class will give me 193 hours of college credit....ridiculous!  I never would have thought that after a Bachelor's and Master's degree that I'd still be in college!  I am almost halfway done with my Rank 1, which I think I may turn into an Ed.S. degree.  I'm a sucker for a pay raise!

I also registered for a summer class.  At least it only lasts a  month!


I hope you all had a great week!  Take some time to think about your "high five!"
Enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment