Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A good week for me....



I got my new awesome Initials, Inc. purse in the mail today.  It is so cute!  It is very roomy (I like a big bag!) and I am in love with chevron stripes these days.  I didn't take a picture of the bottom, but it is done in another dark gray pattern....too cute!  I already filled it up and I'm ready to go!  I need a matching wallet now!  Ha!
You should check out the Initials, Inc. website and look at their super cute stuff.  It's like Thirty One, but a little different (and I feel like now EVERYONE has Thirty One stuff!).  I like to be different.  I'm thinking about hosting an online party to collect orders next month, so if you see something you like, hold on to it and order it from my "party!!"



I got a NEW CAR!  I love it!  I have driven all over the place and still have over half a tank of gas!  My Escape was just killing me in gas going to and from Louisa everyday.  This picture does not do my new Toyota Camry justice, it is a beautiful car, and the inside is so pretty.  I'm always so nervous about big purchases, but Jeremy is so confident and handles everything.  If it had been up to me, I'd be driving a bare bones model, probably with roll up windows!  Jeremy likes nice things, and I'm so grateful that he wants me to have a car with all the extras and is super safe.  Kirk likes my new car, and says it is "awesome!"  I thought I wouldn't like driving a little car again after being in an SUV for 3 years, but I love it.  I get excited to drive it!  



I also got my August Birchbox this week!  I love the Juicy perfume sample, and I am excited to try the new razor.  The lip gloss is a little BRIGHT for me, but I can give it away and the hair "shimmer" shampoo sounds great....but I'll try it on a weekend, haha!  I just love getting the samples in the mail, and I feel like a kid at Christmas opening it up!  

I also started my class at MSU this week, and although that is a bit of a bummer, the class is "Reading in Elementary Schools" and I am a bit of a dorky nerd and I'm actually excited about a few of the assignments. I love to read and write (obviously) and all the personal narrative assignments sound interesting to me.  I really like to write, and even though I feel like I never have enough time to devote to my own school work, I actually don't mind doing it.  I guess that's why I'm a teacher, huh?

I also have to say just a little bit about my new kiddos at school.  My kids just finished their third day of preschool, so things are still a bit CRAZY.....but every year I am reminded of why I teach when I look into those little faces when I sing songs and read books for the first time and they stare at me with wide eyes and silly grins.  It warms my heart to see them so full of wonder, and I am so thankful that I get to share these things (that I've done a million times!) with them.  It refreshes me and gives me motivation to give them all my best!  Here's to hoping for a great school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment