Saturday, October 6, 2012

Things just keep on getting better....


I was so lucky to have this past Thursday and Friday off from school.  Kirk and I had 2 fun days together.  We went to the Pumpkin Festival on Friday, and we had a great time.  Things just seem to keep on getting better from year to year, and Kirk was able to enjoy more things this year, and we laughed the whole day.  In the picture above, Kirk is enjoying his pumpkin ice cream while sitting on a "haystack."  He really liked it (shocker!?)!


Kirk climbed in every parked tractor and John Deere vehicle he could find, and pushed every button.  I have no idea why he thinks you should drive a tractor like a race car ????  VROOOMMM!


I told Kirk he had to sit in all these pumpkins, because I always call him my "little pumpkin."  He thought that was really funny!  He said, "but now, Mama, you need to call me your BIG pumpkin."  I told him no way, and I held back a tear!  


Kirk LOVED touring the Alpha XI Delta house on MU campus today for Homecoming.  I showed him every room I lived in and the beds I slept in.  We found this sign, and I insisted that he invade this poor girl's bed to take a funny picture.   He is always ready to party!


Kirk was a candy vacuum during the parade, and pretty much filled up his spider bucket!  He loved the parade...a welcome change from two years ago when he cried from the noise.  He yelled "Go Marshall!" the whole time, and ran all the way into the street to gather up candy.  Jeremy and I just told the other kids to give up and move on down the street.  HA!


Look at all these amazing ladies that I've been lucky to know for the past 16 years!  What awesome memories we have as sisters and friends, and we continue to share our lives and our children.  Sorority life changed my life, and helped make me the woman I am today.  I learned how to work on making myself a better person and work together as a team.  I learned how to volunteer to help the community, and how the bonds of sisterhood were powerful enough to change our lives forever.  Thankful does not even begin to describe how I feel about Alpha Xi Delta.  We are simply XI BEST!


Kirk and J.D. enjoyed running all over the MU softball field while we were tailgating.  Kirk loves to be "on the field!"   


We were so happy to see Adam, Kate, and "Baby Jax" this weekend.  They were visiting from Florida, and Kirk loves trying to play with Jax and teach him new things.  Kirk didn't have to teach him much about corn hole, though...he plays just like Kirk....gather up all the bean bags, and throw them directly into the hole!


Kirk cheered his little heart out, but the HERD still lost!  Such a bummer for our Homecoming game, but we still had a great day.  Kirk fell asleep in the car on the way home, and barely blinked while Jeremy got him ready for bed.  He had a great day, and he was very well behaved all day.  

       I was very moved by a kind old lady who approached my friend Jill and I during the game.  She sat a few rows back, and she came down to tell me how well behaved she thought Kirk was.  She said he was the best little boy she'd ever seen, and that she had pointed us out to her husband after the first quarter and said, "Look at those parents.  They are amazing!"  I had to turn away from her a little, because I thought I was going to cry!  She went on to say that it was so wonderful to watch us because it was so obvious that we love Kirk so much, and that he knew he was loved.  She said that he was never ignored or unhappy, and that she thought we were a very special family.  I was a little choked up, and all I could manage to say was "thank you."  I've said before that I know God sends us people and events when we need them the most, and it was so nice to hear her comments today.  People are always so surprised when I tell them that Kirk tailgates with us and goes to the game (the whole game).  He is happy, and we are surrounded by people that love him (almost) as much as we do.  I will go to bed grateful and with a full heart tonight.....even if our team did lose...because today, the Walkers won.

No comments:

Post a Comment