Sunday, October 14, 2012

Vampires and reality


So I have been slightly obsessed with Damon Salvatore (Ian Somerhalder) for quite a while now.  I mean, look at that face.  Don't you feel like those eyes are just staring right through you?  I started watching the Vampire Diaries at the beginning of the summer, and I have managed to watch four seasons (of like 22 episodes each) and I was super excited to watch the first episode of season five this past Thursday.  I have previously been obsessed with the Twilight Series, and I will happily dust off my "All I want for Christmas is Edward Cullen" ornament and hang it on my Christmas tree in a month or so.  I love the crazy True Blood vamps as well.  I would love to hang out at Fangtasia and I would have loved to join Harry Potter and the gang at Hogwarts. I remember watching "Interview with a Vampire" when I was in high school with my mom, and we talked forever about vampires as if they lived next door.  Ha!

Why do I love vampires so (and witches, wizards, goblins, werewolves.....oh, you get it)?  I don't really know, but I do know that my whole life I have loved reading about things that I know don't exist in reality.  I never loved mushy love stories.  In elementary school, I loved Nancy Drew the super sleuth, and as a middle schooler, I read Goosebumps and Fear Street novels.  I love to think about creepy, spooky, unbelievable things. I loved watching Poltergeist for the first time, and I loved Amityville Horror (book and movie).  I guess it's a sort of escape from what's real, and it takes me away from my daily grind.  Halloween is all about scary, sinister, weird things.  It is one of my very favorite holidays. I will try my best to scare myself with scary movie reruns and I will wait patiently for next week's episode of the Vampire Diaries.  If you don't like scary stuff....you're missing out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment