Thursday, March 22, 2012

High Five For Friday



The Walkers have had a busy two weeks!  I have a few pictures to post, and I will get those on here later.  I have been following a few other blogs that I found via Pinterest, (I am TOTALLY addicted and I can't wait for my summer vacation to get here so I can make all of the crafts and recipes that I have "pinned!"), and several of them write a post every Friday called "High Five For Friday."  I think this is really cute, and a great way to reflect over the ups and downs of the past week.  I like to focus on the "ups" so I will hopefully be able to give anyone who reads this a positive version of my week.....
So, here's my "High Five For Friday".....the top five things of the past week, not ranked in any order of importance, just however they popped in my head.....

1.  Kirk finally asked to wear underwear.  We have been "potty battling" for a while (I can't call it potty training, because it's basically a battle of wills between Jeremy, Kirk & I) and he actually woke up Sunday and asked to wear underwear.  It of course had nothing to do with any new trains that he was promised for working harder on using the potty (he is obsessed with Thomas the Train!).  Yea Kirk!

2.  In one week's time at work, I "helped" my students paint 20 small pots with chalkboard paint and I hot glued ribbon and raffia ribbons to the tops of them.  We drew, illustrated, and laminated 20 drawings of their mothers, and I sprayed 20 painted rocks with clear sealant, hot glued bezels to the back and strung them for necklaces.  Needless to day, we had Mom's Day this week at school, and I pulled it off.  With some amazingly cute chalkboard painted pots, that of course my kids wrote super cute messages on in chalk for their Mamas.  Who wouldn't fall in love with a pot that said "I love Mom?"  Yea for me, and my awesome school kiddos!

3.  Kirk had an ear infection this week, and was sick (which means I missed a day of work, which makes all my craft activities at school even more impressive!) and pretty pitiful on Tuesday evening/night.  In his fevery sadness, he asked me to "rock me, Mama."  I was so sad that he was sick, but my heart melted to complete mush when my big boy asked me to rock him again, and meant it.  I stared down at his little face and saw my little baby asleep in my arms again.  Gosh, he's growing way too fast.

4.  Morehead State was on spring break this week, so I had no homework for my class.  That was great!

5.  I finished another week of the school year, and summer break is soon approaching.  I only have 12 more days left with my kiddos at school, and my last day of work will be May 9th.  These warm days have made me so excited to see the school year come to an end and start hanging out at home with my boys.  We are also about two months away from our Myrtle Beach vacation!  Bring on summer!

I hope you can take some time to reflect on your "high fives" for the week.  I actually like thinking about the most positive things about the last week.  Just when you think nothing good has happened, a  reflection will make you appreciate the great things in your life.  The weekend is here, and we have a birthday party to attend on Saturday, and Jeremy and I will see the HUNGER GAMES movie on Saturday night!  I am so excited!  On that positive note, "May the odds be EVER in your favor!"  Enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment