Sunday, March 4, 2012

Night time Mash Up


So I decided to video Kirk singing his "friends" to sleep, because it is so cute and I'd caught him doing it a few times.  He usually makes it all the way through one song, but this time he sang just a few verses of the songs I sing to him each night.  It is so precious!  If you listen close, you can tell that he's singing our special version of "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star," and "You are My Sunshine," and "Skinna-marinky-dinky-dink"  to his "snuggly Buzz."  I love singing these songs each night, and I love that Kirk is now singing them to his "friends" and rubbing their backs just like I rub his.  Does it get much sweeter than this?

For anyone interested in our "special" version of Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" (in full length), here it is:
Twinkle, twinkle, little star
What a wonderful boy (or girl) you are!
From your head, 
to your toes, (point to head and toes)
Perfect little (point, touch, and say any body part, ex: tummy)
and a button nose!
twinkle, twinkle, little star
What a wonderful boy you are!


I like to point to body parts that he may not know (but does now) like wrist, ankle, hip, thigh, etc.  It's a great way to personalize the song, and learn new body parts at the same time! I also say "I love you" to his body parts and kiss them before bed sometimes.  I just say, "I love your hair!" and kiss it!  I go on and on, kissing him all over.  He loves when I "love" his eyes, neck, and tummy!  Now, Kirk says "I love you" to my parts and kisses them too!  I love having special rituals with my little boy and I could cry a thousand tears thinking that he won't want me to kiss him all over in just a few years.  I plan to savor every moment, and every special kiss with my wonderful boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment