Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A little bit of snow....


We were so happy to wake up Monday morning to snow!  It wasn't a lot of snow, but enough to cover our grass and for Kirk to think it was really fun.  He tromped around the yard, making "paths" in the snow before Gramma and Holden came to play with us.


Gramma Debi "helped" Kirk and Holden make a snowman.  Kirk REALLY liked the snow shovel that Gramma Debi brought over, and he kept saying he was "doing his work" and he was a "very useful shoveler!" (I think he's watching too much Thomas the Train!!).  They had a great time playing together!



The finished snowman, that took almost all the snow in our front yard to make!  They liked him, and they were a little disappointed when he melted about an hour later!  They had fun while it lasted, anyway!






I had a day off school today, partly because of this little snow, but also because a terrible tornado hit the area around Louisa, KY, where I teach amazing kiddos each day.  Several families lost their homes, and many have been affected by the destruction, power loss, and impassable roads.  Please keep the people in this area in your thoughts and prayers as they begin to rebuild their lives.  I know the people of Lawrence County, KY will continue to keep their arms around them and help each other in any way that they can.  I love the culture of this place, and that is why I continue to drive there each school day....to be a part of it.  I have never experienced people who are so kind and caring, and I truly believe that being a part of that is a blessing and my mission.  They will survive, and we will all be reminded of God's love and kindness through helping one another.  I am thankful for the rescue workers, churches, and anyone who extends a hand.  We will all need to help the little ones regain a sense of security and normalcy.  I know I've hugged Kirk and Jeremy a little tighter over these few days and thanked God several times for our safety.  Please keep these folks and everyone touched by this disaster in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment