Friday, May 18, 2012

High Five for Friday!



My top five things for this week begin with (#1) my manicure and pedicure with one of my favorite people, my nail tech for the last 12 years (crazy that it's been that long!) Connie Nichols.  I will also take this opportunity to promote her new salon opening next month, True Blue salon in the East Gate shopping plaza by the mall.  If you want ridiculously awesome service from great people, go to the True Blue girls!  I am cracking up at my chubby feet, but my hibiscus flower painted on my big toe nail is super cute!


#2....Kirk finished another week in underwear.  He's still having some accidents, but for the most part he is doing fairly well for a boy who told me he was just going to wear pull ups forever.  A little part of me is sad about my little baby growing into a big boy, but that part is quickly reminded that pull ups are expensive, and less of them means more pedicures and manicures for me......kidding!

#3.....I don't know how many of you watch Private Practice or Grey's Anatomy, but WOW did they have awesome episodes this week!  Private Practice made me cry and Grey's made me sick to my stomach.  I'm just glad I watched these shows at home with my safe, healthy, family!  Shew!

#4....I found a wonderful stain remover on Pinterest!  It was so easy, just equal parts of dish liquid (it called for Dawn, but I just used my Target off brand soap) and peroxide with a little bit of baking soda for scrubbing texture.  It was pinned as a remover for "yellow underarm stains," which sadly, I have a few shirts that have fallen victim to those....anyway, I spread the mixture on there, let it sit for an hour or so and washed....and PRESTO!  No stains! I would post a picture of before and after, but the shirt needed ironed before and needs ironed now, so sorry....you'll just have to trust me.  I don't know how good it will be on other types of stains, but it worked pretty good on the ol' yellow underarms!  (YUCK-O)




#5....I got a nice surprise from another one of my favorite people, Jill Francisco....a new awesome 31 bag!  She just got me a gift, for no reason at all....how super nice is that?  I love having thoughtful people in my life.  It is a huge bag with "WALKER" in green (of course!) and she even got me the green polka dot handkerchief to tie on the strap.  She delivered it to our house today, because she said she knew I would want to pack it up for our beach trip tomorrow!  So nice, and an awesome bag that I will be loading up for our tailgates this fall!  Thanks so much, Jill!




Next week's High Fives will be coming to you from Myrtle Beach!  The Walkers are headed there tomorrow, and I think Jeremy and I are both as excited as Kirk.  Kirk has been making plans for this beach trip for about 6 months now.  He has a long mental list of all the things he's going to do....dig a big hole, find a gigantic sea shell, swim with his goggles, and today he announced that he needs a surf board for surfing (who knows?).  I have our things packed....lots of toys, a kite, some bubbles, swim suits, and of course the goggles.  Look for lots of pictures posted soon, and please pray that we have a safe and happy trip!  Enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment