Thursday, May 3, 2012

High Five For Friday

I never got around to posting pictures from the Green & White game last week, so here's some catch up shots....



Kirk had to take his football helmet with us, and he kept saying he could "go on the field" with his helmet.  He also thought it was funny to turn it sideways and peek through the hole!



He still smiles with that scrunched up face....it's so cute, I could eat if off!!!



Kirk enjoyed dinner outside this week, eating at his new Thomas the Train patio set.  He said he needed a "friend" to come eat with him and sit in the other chair.  He said Bella could come, and he would let her have 2 popsicles.  He still LOVES corn on the cob, and he ate it all down to the cob.  He said his table and chairs "were just the right size"...haha!


Kirk has become a champion bubble blower, which is impressive,since he still has a little bit of a lisp (I think).  He has learned to make his mouth an "O" and blow gently to make lots of bubbles.  Surprisingly, it is actually difficult for young children to blow bubbles well, and many are unable to do it until they are older.  Kirk quickly goes through the bubble solution, so I will definitely be making homemade bubbles this summer!  I'll post the recipe soon....it's super easy, and super cheap!

Here are my high fives for the week:

1.  I didn't receive a "pink slip" this year from my school system, and since this is my fourth year (in that district, my 10th year total) I will receive tenure at the beginning of next school year.  I am beyond thrilled that I can relax a little about job security, and I am so thankful to Lawrence Co. Schools for granting me this peace of mind.  My insecurity in my job has never affected my performance as a teacher, and I have always given my students and families 100%.  I know that every child was worth my best effort, no matter if I had a job the next year or not!  I am excited, relieved, thankful, and blessed.  I am so glad that I was led to this job in this place.  I will give everything I have until I sign those retirement papers.  I honestly love teaching, and I believe I am so lucky to be able to do what I do for children, their families, and the community.  They give me so much more in return!

2.  Tenure.


3.  Tenure.


4.  My last day of school is Monday, May 7, so my summer begins on Tuesday, May 8.  Enough said.


5.  Kirk asked me Tuesday as we left Chick-fil-a, "Mama, does Jesus love Chick-fil-a?"  I looked back at him, and he was staring up at the sky.  I laughed and told him that I'm sure he does.  I think it is so funny to hear Kirk's thoughts on God.  I tell him what I think he can understand, and we have prayed for the people we love for a while now, but he is really starting to ask questions and try to figure things out.  We are excited to welcome a new priest to our church, St. Joseph.  Father Dean Borgmeyer will replace Monsignor Luciana this week (Monsignor has been sick for some time now).  It is so amazing, because Father Dean was a priest at my church in Welch when I was little, and he has always been my favorite!  He left our church in Welch to be a chaplain in the Navy, and he apparently has been in Wierton for the last several years.  I am sad to see Monsignor step down, as he married Jeremy and I and baptized Kirk...but I am excited to have Father Dean again, and I look forward to his leadership for our church.  We will celebrate Monsignor next Friday, and welcome Father Dean to Huntington.  Maybe I'll tell Kirk to ask them if Jesus likes Chick-fil-a....?  HAHA!


Have an awesome weekend, and be super jealous of me and my early summer vacation!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment