Wednesday, May 9, 2012

We appreciate Kirk's teachers...


This week is "Teacher Appreciation Week," so Kirk and I chose some flowers for his teachers Miss Judy, Miss Jessie, and Miss Rachel.  We also picked up some small pots for his day care director Miss Pam, assistant director, Miss Susan, and the day care cook, Miss Theresa.  I dressed them up a little with a burlap bow, and I made some cute little flower signs that said "Thank you for helping Kirk bloom."  He was proud to take them in to school, and they were all very thankful.  We appreciate them so much, and I could never express my thanks to them for working so hard to take good care of my little boy and helping him learn and grow.  I hope I can teach him to appreciate those around him and to always let people know how valuable they are!



We also appreicate our music teacher, Miss Joni Pappas.  We were so sad to hear of Miss Joni's husband's new job at UT in Knoxville, TN!  Kirk has been in Miss Joni's music class since he was 9 months old.  She has helped him to learn and grow, and she has given Kirk and I such wonderful experiences together.  I am so grateful to her and all that she does for children and families.  We will all miss her very much!  I have no doubt she will spread her love for children and music to the families of Knoxville, TN....they are lucky to have her!  Kirk gave her a great big hug, a nice card, and he told her several times "thank you SO much for music!"  It is so sad to me, because it's like closing a chapter on his little life....I guess I wanted him to outgrow music before we stopped going.  I guess we're off to do more things....soccer?  Swim lessons?  I want my little boy to stop growing. Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment