Friday, July 6, 2012

High Five For Friday


Well, it was a rough week.  I WILL, however, find five things I am thankful for. 

#1...Our hasty, unplanned trip to the Newport Aquarium during the devastating power outage....was actually fun!  Kirk loves animals, and he said his favorite thing was the "tiny baby penguins."  They were pretty cute!  Here's a few pictures......

Mighty Mike was a gigantic crocodile that didn't move a muscle when we were there.  As you can see, Kirk barely cleared the tip of his tail!

Kirk was super excited for the tree frogs, and loved "riding" them. 


Kirk was talking to the "penguin family." 
#2...Definitely....POWER (air conditioning, cable, internet, etc.)!  I have figured out how thankful I am for my little house and the comforts of home. 

#3...Angel and I had a "Magic Mike Monday."  We laughed our guts out, and were amazed that Matthew McConaughey could look so skanky!

#4....POWER, and the fact that every time Kirk asks "Do we still have power, Mama?"  I can say, "Yes, baby, we DO!!"

#5....I got a facial today, thanks to Lucas and his family (student).  It was lovely, relaxing, and my skin feels divine.  Thanks, Lucas & family, and thanks to Kevin for a very pleasant experience!  I needed it after this stressful week!



Welcome to the world, baby Karter! 

Kirk loved visiting with his new cousin, Karter Johnson (Cretie is his proud Mama).  He was born on July 4th, what a birthday!  Kirk loved him, and has talked about him since.  He even asked me what his "letter" was tonight (that his name started with) and he couldn't believe it was a 'K' just like him!  That night after we saw him, Kirk wanted me to wrap him up in a blanket and rock him "like a tiny baby."  He has asked me a hundred questions about "when I was a little baby" and he loves to hear the stories.  I sure do miss my little boy being that little warm bundle in my arms, and I CANNOT believe in a little more than a month he will be three years old.  Whew.  What an amazing thing it is to be a mama. 

Enjoy the weekend!  Yay for Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment