Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!


I haven't posted in a while because we have had a ROUGH time dealing with last Friday's major storm and power outages.  We lost power Friday evening around 6:30 p.m., and we got it back Sunday night at 8:30 p.m.  We took off to Cincinnati on Saturday and went to the Newport Aquarium on Sunday (Jeremy took most of the pictures, I will post some soon).  Kirk loved the Aquarium, of course.  We were sad to come home Sunday to a hot house and a freezer and refrigerator full of bad food (I had JUST gone to the store!).  I am so thankful we got our power back when we did, some people went several more days and some still don't have it.  We have had to make many trips to the store for food and supplies, and it has been hard trying to get things back to normal.  On the BRIGHT SIDE....we had Kirk's pictures taken last night, for his 3rd (deep breath) birthday.  How funny is this face that he is making in the picture above?  It's a true reflection of my 3 year old little boy, though!  I can't wait to see the rest!



Kirk did such a great job posing for pictures, we decided to go to Austin's Ice Cream for a treat.  Isn't he such a neat eater?  UGH!!




I thought my 4th of July cupcakes turned out pretty spectacular!  We are having a small cookout at home with Angel, Riley, Brady, & Neuhaus.  Kirk is so excited for the sparklers!  Happy 4th of July everyone, and   please keep those who are still without power in your thoughts and prayers.  It will be a long time before all is back to normal.  I am just thankful that we are all ok, and I figure in a few days Kirk will stop asking if we still have power. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment