Monday, July 23, 2012

It's that time of year again.....

It's that time of year again, when I fall off the face of the earth, and into my classroom and school kiddos.  My school will open its doors to kindergarten and first graders next Wednesday, August 1st.  Thankfully, preschool always starts 2 weeks later, so I will welcome my little ones on Wednesday, August 15th.  I'm always super busy at this time of year, and it seems there aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done.  I am thankful for a job that I love, and the anticipation of a new room full of kiddos to make me laugh and find a place in my heart.

Kirk and I visited my parents in Coalwood, WV over the weekend.  Kirk has been excited about this trip for weeks, because I told him we could go bowling while we were there.  He'd never been, and he talked about it everyday.  My parents are both league bowlers, and a bowling trip was something we could do together.  The town I grew up in is kind of low on entertainment for anyone, especially toddlers!  Here's a few pictures of my bowling pro....

He loved his bowling shoes better than anything!  He was dancing around singing, "Let's get bowling!"

He rolled his ball down this little ramp so it would get down the lane.  He was able to count how many pins were left when each of us took a turn.  I'm just glad all the hype lived up to his expectations!


My highly anticipated Birchbox came today!  I've been on the waiting list for about a month, and I was super excited when I got the email saying I now had a subscription and would start receiving them each month.  If you don't know, Birchbox is a company in New York that makes up little boxes each month of samples of beauty supplies.  Subscribers get a different box each month, and the samples are just about anything (soap, nail polish, eye cream, etc.).  I read about Birchbox on a blog that I follow, and I was intrigued.  The subscription is $10.00 a month, and I figured I probably spent that already on some kind of beauty product that I ended up not liking, so why not get a whole box of samples of different things?  Superior idea!  


This month's box has a gold nail polish, pink-ish lip stain (which I've never tried, but actually do like!) a travel bag, perfume sample, soap, and a cute hair tie (which I will give away....no pony tails here, ha!)

I'm already excited about next month's Birchbox!

No comments:

Post a Comment