Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

 "Small boys become big men
through the influence of big men
who care about small boys."
(Unknown)

I like the quote I included above.  I find it very true and it makes me think back to the very minute Jeremy became a father to Kirk and held him in his arms.  I had a c-section and Jeremy was actually the first one to hold Kirk, and I remember the look in his eyes (through the watery tears....haha!) when he saw his son for the first time.  I think back to that moment and how I knew then that he would do everything he could to be an amazing father. I've said before that I fell more in love with Jeremy as I have watched him become a father, and it becomes more and more true each day.  I knew when I married Jeremy that he was an amazing man, but I never imagined how watching him become a father would change everything.  He laughs harder, smiles bigger, and gives way more hugs and kisses in a day (to Kirk, not me....haha!).  I look at Kirk's little face, (which looks just like his Daddy's) and I know that he is going to grow up with a strong bond with his Daddy.  Kirk thinks his Daddy is the smartest, strongest, funniest, bravest man....who can fix anything, of course.  So do I. 



Jeremy is already enjoying his new grill.  Kirk and I thought it would make some tasty food, and we know how Daddy likes to grill!  Kirk also signed Jeremy's card, and he told him it said "I love you forever, and next week."  How precious is that?



 
I thought I'd include pictures of some of my favorite Disney Daddys to warm your heart....


These Daddys loved their sons, too!


Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment