Monday, June 25, 2012

Wild, Wonderful, Weekend



Jeremy and I had a great time at the Stonewall Jackson Resort this weekend with Angel and Brad.  It was nice to have some time by ourselves but I must admit, I missed Kirk and worried about being so far away from him!  Jeremy and Brad golfed on Sunday morning, on the "hardest golf course I ever played" (quote: Jeremy Walker).  It was very beautiful there, so green, and amazing views of mountains everywhere.  Jeremy said there were deer on almost every other hole, and although the water and tall grasses were so pretty, I don't think Jeremy or Brad appreciated them on the course!  Ha!  I realized that it is nice to actually enjoy West Virginia every now and then, and how beautiful it really is.  Angel and I enjoyed time just talking...without any kiddos screaming or pulling on our clothes....haha!  We decided we should make an effort to do something like that every couple of months, to remember that we can chew our food (and not swallow it whole!) and enjoy some silence.  We all love being parents, though, and most of our conversations turned to our kids....of course!  Jeremy says the courses around home will seem "easy" now......we'll see! We had a great weekend, and we're looking forward to another great week.  Kirk will have his first dentist appointment and we plan on going to Camden Park.  Lots of pictures will be posted, I'm sure!  Have an amazing week!

No comments:

Post a Comment